Dr. Garry Gill and his team at Fraser Valley Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery are excited to see our patients once again! While many things may look different, our commitment to the health and safety of our patients and our team remains the cornerstone of our core values. Our office has always utilized personal protection equipment that has exceeded all the CDSBC guidelines to provide our patients with the safest experience. Furthermore, we will continue to elevate our already stringent attention to sterilization and disinfection.
In light of the current situation, we have instituted additional guidelines and protocols to ensure everyone’s safety:
- You will receive a friendly reminder 48 hours prior to your appointment confirmation and to go over the Wellness Form that must be complete within 24 hours of your appointment.
- Personalized arrival procedure to guide you from your vehicle directly to our treatment rooms. To help with social distancing, we ask only the patient enter our office unless you are a parent or guardian.
- We kindly ask anyone entering the office (both patients and parents) to wear a mask that we will provide.
- A team member will greet you at the door and provide you hand sanitizer and take your temperature with a touch-free thermometer.
- We also have shoe covers to wear for certain procedures in our office
- We have installed protective barriers at our reception area.
- Once we bring you back, we ask you to wash your hands and pre-rinse with an oral rinse to reduce exposure to germs
- We require all our team members to follow the same protocols as patients with questionnaires and thermometer checks.
- Once seated we will perform a very simple test to check your lung efficiency
- If possible, we will attempt to arrange payments in advance to allow a smooth and efficient exit from the office
- We have a Medical Grade Air Purification System in office that uses a 6 stage High Efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA) filtration and sterilization process using UV light. The same system used by many professional teams such as Vancouver Canucks.
- We have removed magazines and items that can harbor or transfer germs of any kind
- We will continue to provide teledentistry where it allows for follow up lab reports or communication.
All of this information is subject to change. We appreciate your patience and understanding through these times. Please do not hesitate to contact Dr. Gill or any of his team members if you have any questions.
Virtual high five,
Dr. Garry Gill and team